I’ve been looking at the upcoming releases for summer and there are a few that look promising. Here’s my list of possibilities:
- Blended~saw this one not long ago and it was cute and entertaining. The two stars are enjoyable together.
- The Fault in our Stars~for a day I want to be sad, which may not be anytime soon.
- The Edge of Tomorrow~heard it described by a friend as Groundhog Day on steroids.
- 22 Jump Street~the preview was hilarious, but it could be one all the funny parts were in the clip.
- Jersey Boys~have heard great things and it’s from Clint Eastwood.
- Earth to Echo~the preview reminds me of E.T. Plus it looks like a nice family film with a good message.
- Tammy~I’m not happy about my name being the title of a movie and depicting an unladylike loser, but I’ll probably have to see it.
- When the Game Stands Tall~I love Jim Caviezel and it’s based on a true story.
- The Hundred-Foot Journey~Helen Mirren, need I say more?
I’m also thrilled about a couple of the summer series on television. Mondays are now one of my favorite TV nights, thanks to TNT. Rizzoli and Isles and Major Crimes are two of my choice programs. I also think I’m hooked on The Last Ship, a new drama, with a far-out, but compelling storyline.
Enough about me…write back and tell me some of your top summer movie picks or if I’ve missed any must-see films.